Interest Form Now Available!
Update: Every instrument will be taught on campus this year except trumpet, trombone and french horn (due to SF DPH regulations). Brass instruments will be taught remotely. We invite you to discover our new instrument offerings and teachers below.
2021–22 Program Overview
- Lessons will begin on Monday, October 4 and end on Friday, June 3.
- All students who have been in the program for at least two years are expected to participate in the two recitals, one on Sunday, January 30 and the other on Sunday, May 22 from 1–3 p.m.
- Piano, guitar and bass lessons are available to students in Grades 1–12; violin lessons are offered to students grades K–12.
- Students enrolled in the program are expected to regularly practice their instrument at home.
- Families are responsible for providing the instrument of choice and other music materials for lessons.
- Unless a student is sick, lesson cancellations require 24 hours notice. Families should reach out to their music teacher directly.
- If a scheduling conflict arises due to a school sport or drama production, a student may change the day of their music lesson (once per year).
- Please email Director of Performing Arts Bonnie Fraenza with questions.
- After School Program care is no longer included with the cost of music lessons. Please see below for details.
After School Program (ASP) Information
- If your student has a music lesson, please send them to ASP.
- If your student needs after school care before or after a music lesson, they may:
- Register for a general ASP Plan (see the ASP page for plan options).
- Register for a full-year Music Conservatory ASP Plan. The special rate for Music Conservatory students is $625 per year and only applies on the day of your lesson.
- "Drop-in" to ASP. The daily drop-in rate is $48/day and there is no need to pre-register.
Practicing at Home
- Parents are invited and encouraged to sit in on lessons once or twice in a semester. Please arrange your visit with the teacher in advance.
- While recitals are not mandatory, we strongly advise all students with two or more years of study to participate.
- Recital dates are Sunday, January 30, 2022 and Sunday, May 22, 2022. Both events last from 1–3 p.m.