Runners participated in the 50th annual Miller's Mile fun run by choosing their own starting line and running two miles while adhering to social distancing guidelines. Over 150 individuals submitted results.
Miller’s Mile, a 2-mile fun run held each spring to bring together the K–12 Convent & Stuart Hall community, was held virtually this year on May 2. Instead of hosting a large gathering on the Marina Green, runners had the option to run individually or with their family from wherever they chose.
Many participants ran wearing a special edition 50th anniversary T-shirt designed by Rhett, a Stuart Hall seventh grader, or another school-branded shirt. After the race, runners logged their times, uploaded photos and posted on social media using the hashtag #MillersMile50.
Propelled by volunteer support from the Parents Association, the community embraced the new format, with over 150 individuals submitting results. Winners at each grade level, as well as for each participant category, including parents, faculty, alumni and grandparents, are announced below.
Hover on the cover photo and use the arrows to scroll through photos or view the full album.
Miller's Mile 2020 winners:
- Kindergarten — Bennett (Stuart Hall), Adriana (Convent)
- Grade 1 — Kane (Stuart Hall), Lily (Convent)
- Grade 2 — Cooper (Stuart Hall), Georgia (Convent)
- Grade 3 — Charlie (Stuart Hall), Zoe (Convent)
- Grade 4 — TJ (Stuart Hall), Finley (Convent)
- Grade 5 — Tyler (Stuart Hall), Maya (Convent)
- Grade 6 — Jack (Stuart Hall), Sadie (Convent)
- Grade 7 — Jack (Stuart Hall), Avery (Convent)
- Grade 8 — Morgan (Convent)
- High School —Cooper (Stuart Hall), Audrey (Convent)
- Female Faculty — Kate Baker
- Male Faculty — Eric Gordon
- Mom — Katie Dodd
- Dad — Hutch Carpenter
- Grandparent — Randal Krejcarek
- Alumni — Meryl Sampson
- Pre-K — William