Convent & Stuart Hall believes in the unique power of educating girls and boys separately and together. We combine a rigorous curriculum with your child's natural curiosities and a philosophy of love and respect for every individual, rooted in the goals & criteria of a Sacred Heart education. We invite you and your family to get to know the Convent & Stuart Hall community through the admissions process and envision how your child could thrive in our classrooms. Our students grow into well-educated, globally-minded, confident and compassionate people within our larger K-12 community.
Kindergarten Admissions Timeline
- Saturday, September 1: Inquiry form available
- Monday, September 17: Online application available
- Friday, December 7: Kindergarten application and Confidential Student Evaluation deadline
- Thursday, January 10: Tuition assistance application deadline
- Thursday, March 21: Admissions decisions emailed to parents at 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28: Enrollment contracts and deposits due by 10:00 a.m.
- Applicants to Stuart Hall for Boys must be 5 years of age by July 15, 2019
- Applicants to Convent Elementary must be 5 years of age by August 1, 2019
- 1. Online Inquiry
- 2. Attend a Campus Tour
- 3. Learn About Our School
- 4. Attend our Kindergarten Open House
- 5. Submit an Application
- 6. Participate in an Admissions Assessment
- 7. Optional Parent Interview
- 8. Learn About Tuition Assistance
- Relocating and Applying from Afar
PARENTS LOOKING AT THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR ARE ASKED TO COMPLETE THIS INQUIRY FORM BEGINNING THE FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER, 2018. TOUR DATES AND OPEN HOUSE RSVPS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME.
Complete and submit an online inquiry to begin the admissions process. The inquiry will allow you to register for a campus tour and our Open House. The Admissions Office will send you an email confirming your tour date and Open House RSVP within 2-3 business days.
Take the First Step
Campus tours are a requirement of the application process, and we have designed our tours for you to access and experience our classroom environment and learn more about our challenging curriculum. You will also see our state-of-the-art facilities including the newly-renovated school library and Unkefer Spark Studio, our gymnasium and the Siboni Arts and Science Center. The tour begins with a welcome from our Admissions Director, Erwin Wong, and continues with classroom visits led by parents, deans, teachers and students. The tour concludes with a Q&A session with our head of school. To schedule your tour, please use the online inquiry form to select three possible tour dates.
Convent Kindergarten campus tours will be held from 8:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on the following Tuesdays:
- September 18
- September 25
- October 2
- October 16
- October 23
- November 6
- November 13
- November 27
- December 4
- December 11
Stuart Hall Kindergarten campus tours will be held from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on the following Mondays:
- September 17
- September 24
- October 1
- October 15
- October 22
- November 5
- November 12
- November 26
- December 3
- December 10
Our Open House is for prospective Kindergarten families and will be on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm. Valet parking will begin at 5:30 pm. The Open House is highly recommended and an opportunity to meet and talk individually with administration, faculty, current parents, students and alumni. You will learn more about the strengths of our academic program as well as the breadth and depth of the educational experience offered at Convent & Stuart Hall. Please register for the Open House using the online inquiry form.
- Campus Tour
- Submitted online application and $100 application fee. The online application will be available starting Monday, September 17, 2018. Your username and password to access the application will not be available until it goes live. (Waiver codes are available. Please e-mail Admissions Director Erwin Wong to request a waiver code.)
- Completed Confidential Student Evaluation Form. Sign and deliver the form to your child’s current teacher. Because we would like the most current information, please do not have the teacher complete the evaluation prior to December 1. The completed form should come directly from the preschool to the Admissions Office.
- Admissions assessment Day and time is scheduled by the Admissions Office upon receipt of the online application.
The Application and Student Evaluation Form deadline is Friday, December 7, 2018.
Apply Now to Kindergarten
Scheduling of assessments will begin in mid-October. Please allow 2-3 weeks after the application has been submitted to receive email communication regarding your admissions assessment.
Your child will be assigned two separate visits to school: one to assess developmental readiness and the other to participate in a group play activity. Both dates will be held on week days in December or January.
A parent interview at the kindergarten level is optional and available upon request. Once we receive the application, you will receive an email with a link to schedule your 30-minute interview any time between October 1 and January 30. If you have any questions, please contact Erwin Wong.
We are committed to making a Convent & Stuart Hall education affordable for families regardless of financial circumstance. We offer tuition assistance to qualified students, based solely upon demonstrated financial need. Visit our Tuition and Financial Assistance page to learn more about the application process and deadlines.
Convent & Stuart Hall welcomes families from all over the country and globe to our admissions process and is sensitive to the complexities that come with relocations.
Relocating applicants should contact our Admissions Director, Erwin Wong, as soon as possible to learn about how to navigate the admissions process. Please note that we do not admit any Kindergarten candidates without an actual visit to the campus and an assessment. We do not conduct any part of our admissions process via video or teleconference. We encourage families facing relocation to contact us at least six weeks in advance of any visit to our area to ensure we can accommodate a visit on the preferred date.
In our commitment to sustaining an inclusive learning community, Convent & Stuart Hall admits students of any race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws in the administration of its educational, admissions, financial aid and employment policies, or any other programs administered by the school.