Convent & Stuart Hall believes in the unique power of educating girls and boys separately and together. Our students develop into resilient, resourceful and engaged thinkers equipped to thrive in an evolving world. Our curriculum challenges and stretches young men and women into their potential, preparing them for college and life. Our school delivers an interactive learning experience curated by faculty highly regarded in their academic fields, and our students graduate with confidence in what they know, how they think and who they are. We invite you to learn more about our unique educational model and school community.
High School Admissions Timeline
- Monday, August 20: Inquiry form available (for shadow visits, open houses, curriculum nights)
- Monday, September 17: Online application available
- Thursday, January 10: Admissions application deadline
- Saturday, January 12: HSPT offered on campus
- Saturday, January 26: Applicant interviews
- Thursday, March 21: Admissions decisions mailed
- Friday, March 22: Admissions decisions emailed to parents at 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 29: Enrollment contracts and deposits due by 12:00 p.m.
- 1. Online Inquiry
- 2. Attend a Shadow Visit
- 3. Learn About Our School
- 4. Attend our Events
- 5. Submit an Application
- 6. Submit Supplemental Documents & Test Scores
- 7. Schedule an Interview
- 8. Learn About Tuition Assistance
Complete and submit an online inquiry to begin the admissions process. Once we receive your inquiry, you will be able to access our online portal and applicant checklist to register for the shadow visit and events, complete the application and view your progress throughout the process.
If you are a transfer applying to 10, 11 or 12th grades for the 2019-20 school year, please contact Greg Lobe — Associate Director of High School Admissions.
Take the First Step
The Shadow Visit is a required piece of the high school application process. You may register for your shadow through the checklist on the online admissions portal. Student visits for Convent & Stuart Hall are available by appointment from September through December and held on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons and both morning and afternoon on Thursday.
- 2018-19 High School Profile
- Course Catalog
- International Baccalearuate Program
- College Counseling Program
- What You Know & How You Think
- Get to Know Convent & Stuart Hall Video Series
Our Open House is a highly recommended event for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade families where we invite you to learn about our academic program, extra-curricular activities and engage with faculty, current parents and students. The Open House dates are provided below. You may register for an Open House through the checklist on the online admissions portal.
Convent High School
- Sunday, October 14, 2018 (1:00 - 3:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 (6:00 - 8:00 p.m.)
Stuart Hall High School
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 (6:00 - 8:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, November 11, 2018 (1:00 - 3:00 p.m.)
Curriculum Information Night
This optional event is an opportunity for families to learn more about our curriculum, particularly the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. With a small group setting, prospective families will be able to engage with the Heads, faculty and current students. (Due to limited capacity, this event is for 8th grade families only.) The event dates are provided below - the program is the same for both nights. You may register for Curriculum Night through the checklist on the online admissions portal.
- Thursday, September 27, 2018 (6:00 - 7:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018 (6:00 - 7:30 p.m.)
The parent tour includes a visit and overview of our redesigned educational spaces and a Q&A session with our Head of School. (Due to limited capacity, this event is for 8th grade families only.) You may register for a Parent Tour through the checklist on the online admissions portal.
Convent High School: Tours are offered from 8:30 - 10:00 am on select Wednesdays throughout the fall.
Stuart Hall High School: Tours are offered from 8:30 - 9:30 am on select Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout the fall.
Admissions on the Road
Our admissions team and students will be attending the following school fairs. Please feel free to drop by our table to learn more about Convent & Stuart Hall.
- Sunday, September 9 - Independent School Fair at Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory (1:00 - 4:00 p.m.)
- Monday, September 17 - Marin High School Fair at Marin Catholic High School (6:00 - 9:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, September 22 - Public & Parochial High School Fair at Lick Wilmerding High School (1:00 - 3:30 p.m.)
- TBD- Boys and Girls Club Fair at Boys & Girls Club 380 Fulton St. (6:00 - 9:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, October 28 - A Better Chance Fair at Lick Wilmerding (Time TBD)
- Saturday, November 3 - Public & Parochial High School Fair at The Urban School (1:00 - 3:30 p.m.)
The online application will be available through the checklist on the admissions portal starting Monday, September 17, 2018. The application fee is $75. If you would like to request a fee waiver, please email our Admissions Associate: Lizzie Schneiberg
Applications are due Thursday, January 10, 2019.
Required Supplemental Documents
- Test Scores: we accept the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- If you take the SSAT, please have your scores sent electronically to us. The Convent SSAT school code is: 2585. The Stuart Hall SSAT school code is: 7548.
- The HSPT is offered at our school on Saturday, January 12, 2019. The HPST registration form will be available in mid-November 2018. ***Please note that you must be applying to Convent or Stuart Hall High Schools to take the HSPT at our location.***
- Submit Principal, Math and English teacher recommendations. The editable pdf's are available in the checklist through the online admissions portal. Schools can email the recommendations directly to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit transcript. (A transcript release form is available in the checklist through the online admissions portal.)
We are committed to making a Convent & Stuart Hall education affordable for families regardless of financial circumstance. We offer tuition assistance to qualified students, based solely upon demonstrated financial need. Visit our Tuition and Financial Assistance page to learn more about the financial aid application process and deadlines.
Grade 9 is the natural entry point to Convent & Stuart Hall High School. As such, admission to grades 10, 11 and 12 is dependent upon available space and attrition. Please note we may only assess and interview candidates applying to grades in which we anticipate openings.
If you are an incoming 10, 11, or 12 grader looking to transfer, please email Greg Lobe Associate Director of High School Admissions. Transfer applicants do not need to worry about scheduling a Shadow Visit. Once the inquiry is received, our Admissions Office will contact you to discuss your transfer interest and our enrollment availability.
To transfer for the 2019-20 school year, the online application and all supplemental documents and test results are required by Friday, February 22, 2019. If we anticipate openings, the Admissions Office will contact select candidates in early March with information on completing the application process. Admissions decisions will then be communicated to transfer applicants on a rolling basis as the admissions committee evaluates applications and space becomes available.
In our commitment to sustaining an inclusive learning community, Convent & Stuart Hall admits students of any race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws in the administration of its educational, admissions, financial aid and employment policies, or any other programs administered by the school.