Convent & Stuart Hall believes in the unique power of educating girls and boys separately and together. We combine a rigorous curriculum with your child's natural curiosities and a philosophy of love and respect for every individual, rooted in the goals & criteria of a Sacred Heart education. We invite you and your family to get to know the Convent & Stuart Hall community through the admissions process so you can see for yourself how your child will thrive in our classrooms and grow into a well-educated, globally-minded, confident and compassionate person among our larger K-12 school community.
Lower & Middle Form Admissions Timeline
- Tuesday, September 4: Inquiry form available
- Monday, September 17: Online application available
- Friday, January 4: Application and confidential student evaluations deadline
- Thursday, January 10: Tuition assistance application deadline
- Friday, January 11: Student records deadline
- Saturday, February 2: ISEE deadline
- Thursday, March 21: Admissions decisions available via online portal at 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28: Enrollment contracts and deposits due by 10:00 a.m.
- 1. Online Inquiry
- 2. Attend a Campus Tour
- 3. Learn About Our School
- 4. Submit an Application
- 5. Admissions Testing
- 6. Final Candidate Student Visits & Family Interviews
- 7. Learn About Tuition Assistance
- 8. Understanding our Availability
- Relocating and Applying from Afar
Campus tours are a requirement of the application process, and we have designed our tours for you to access and experience our classroom environment and learn more about our challenging curriculum. You will also see our state-of-the-art facilities including the newly-renovated school library and Unkefer Spark Studio, our gymnasium and the Siboni Arts and Science Center. The tour begins with a welcome from our Admissions Director, Erwin Wong, and continues with classroom visits led by parents, deans, teachers and students. The tour concludes with a Q&A session with our head of school. Please schedule your tour via the online portal after your online inquiry has been processed.
Convent Kindergarten campus tours will be held from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on the following Mondays:
- September 17
- September 24
- October 1
- October 15
- October 22
- November 5
- November 12
- November 26
- December 3
- December 10
A Convent Middle Form (Gr. 5-8) campus tour will be held from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on the following date:
- Thursday, November 29
Stuart Hall Kindergarten campus tours will be held from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on the following Tuesdays:
- September 18
- September 25
- October 2
- October 16
- October 23
- November 6
- November 13
- November 27
- December 4
- December 11
A Stuart Hall Middle Form (Gr. 5-8) campus tour will be held from 9:00 am - 11:00 am on the following date:
- Thursday, December 6
- Campus tour
- Submitted online application and $100 application fee. The online application will be available on the admissions portal starting Monday, September 17, 2018. (Waiver codes are available. Please e-mail Admissions Director Erwin Wong to request a waiver code)
- Completed Confidential Student Evaluation Form. Sign and deliver the Grade 1 Evaluation Form OR Grades 2 through 8 Evaluation Form to your child's current teacher. Because we would like the most current information, please do not have the teacher complete the evaluation prior to mid-December. Your current school must email completed forms directly to our office at email@example.com .
- Student Records: Prior to December 14, 2018, please complete the Records Release Form and deliver to your child’s school. We require Fall 2018 grades, year-end report cards for 2017-18 and 2016-17 school years, and two years of standardized test results (if applicable).
The Application and Student Evaluation Form deadline is Friday, January 4, 2019. Student Records are due by Friday, January 11, 2019.
- Grades 1-4 : You may schedule testing online via the admissions portal checklist. Testing dates are held on weekdays in January.
- Grades 5-8: Applicants to grades 5-8 are required to take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE). Please have the results sent directly to Convent (use code #054101) or Stuart Hall (use code #054100). To register for the ISEE, please call 1-800-446-0320 or visit their website. Please schedule the ISEE exam as soon as possible. It should be completed no later than February 2, 2019 for priority consideration.
- As a courtesy to our applicants, we are offering the ISEE exam at Convent & Stuart Hall on January 26, 2019. Seating is limited. You may indicate your interest in testing on-site via the online portal. Please contact Erwin Wong for more information.
Upon determination of available class space and assessment of readiness to begin our program, student visits and family interviews may be scheduled starting in mid-February 2019 for applicants who become final candidates. (Grade 5-8 applicants taking the ISEE exam after February 2 will be notified of their final candidate status after February 25, 2019.) Student visits are a full day.
We are committed to making a Convent & Stuart Hall education affordable for families regardless of financial circumstance. We offer tuition assistance to qualified students, based solely upon demonstrated financial need. Visit our Tuition and Financial Assistance page to learn more about the financial aid application process and deadlines.
The natural entry point to Convent & Stuart Hall is kindergarten. Entrance into grades 1-8 is dependent upon available space and attrition and can vary from year to year. Please note we may only assess applicants and interview families applying to grades in which we anticipate openings. We invite you to contact the admissions office directly for the most current information regarding openings. Please understand that often we cannot be certain about availability until all enrollment agreements have been returned from currently enrolled students in early March.
Convent & Stuart Hall welcomes families from all over the country and globe to our admissions process and is sensitive to the complexities that come with relocations.
Relocating applicants should contact our Admissions Director, Erwin Wong, as soon as possible to learn about how to navigate the admissions process. Please note that we do not admit any transfer candidates without an actual visit to the campus and an assessment. We do not conduct any part of our admissions process via video or teleconference. We encourage families facing relocation to contact us at least six weeks in advance of any visit to our area to ensure we can accommodate a visit on the preferred date.
In our commitment to sustaining an inclusive learning community, Convent & Stuart Hall admits students of any race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws in the administration of its educational, admissions, financial aid and employment policies, or any other programs administered by the school.