At Convent & Stuart Hall, we are committed to developing resilient, resourceful and engaged thinkers who are equipped to thrive in an evolving world. Our rigorous K-12 educational model is a dynamic blend of single-sex classes within a coeducational environment, supported by small class sizes with resources reflective of a large school. We deliver an interactive learning experience, curated by faculty highly regarded in their academic fields, so that students graduate with confidence in what they know, how they think and who they are. Our community is part of an international network of Sacred Heart schools, where students and adults embrace the catholic charism of our Sacred Heart founders, which is spiritually inclusive and global in nature.
The school is organized into four academic divisions, each led by a Head of School, and sharing resources and a central administration, all of which is under the direction of the President.
The school is an equal opportunity employer.
The ASP team is hiring part-time staff members for the Fall. These positions are perfect for aspiring educators who are looking to add to their experience working with a variety of age groups.
After School Program staff mem
- Facilitate student transitions
- Supervise students in academic and recreational settings
- Lead indoor and outdoor games
- Prepare, deliver, and clean up snack
- Interact with parents & community members
- Facilitate artistic, athletic, and creative activities
It is expected that all candidates:
- Genuinely enjoy working with children
- Actively participate in afternoon activities and games
- Are kind and considerate of the wide range of student needs
- Communicate well with others
- Take pride in a consistent positive attitude
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Must be available
M–Th 2:15–6 p.m. and Fri 1:45–6 p.m.
- Hours and schedules are tied to the school calendar
- Potential to substitute teach during the school day
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and current resume to Joey.Elftmann@sacred
Seconds To Go is our thriving, fast-paced, upscale resale store on Fillmore Street, which features donated gently used and new clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories for women and men & children as well as household items. The store serves as a charity, and all profits go toward financial aid for Convent & Stuart Hall students.
We are seeking a part-time retail associate to work in the store. Primary responsibilities are working with customers, cashiering and maintaining retail floor space. This position requires the ability to work 20-25 hours per week. Store hours are Monday - Saturday 9:45 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday 12 - 5 p.m. Weekend availability is required. Candidates should have retail experience, excellent customer service and communication skills, and be very professional. Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 30 pounds and spend entire shift on feet. Prefer a candidate with experience/interest in resale and/or fashion.
To apply, please send a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consult with the Director of Physical Plant on the daily needs of the buildings and grounds.
- Assist in the execution of daily repair and maintenance requests and needs. Respond on a timely basis to all requests.
- Troubleshoot minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing and equipment repair
- Perform routine plumbing repairs such as clogged toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains
- Perform routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or lamps and assists in repairing light fixtures
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs closures, patches holes in walls
- Assemble and move furniture, hang pictures and bulletin boards, move and set up table and chairs for school events and rentals.
- Paint interior and exterior walls as needed.
- Maintain grounds in a clean, safe and orderly manner including but not limited to mowing, trimming, weeding, watering, and debris removal from receptacles
- In consultation with the Director of Physical Plant, act as the liaison between the school and contractors, vendors and other service personnel while on school premises.
- Assist in the Emergency Operations preparedness and execution.
- Ensure that both campuses remains free of safety hazards and remain in compliance with OSHA.
- Identify, report and repair safety hazards in a timely manner.
- Responsible for checking email and phone daily to ensure proper communications.
- Check drains throughout the campus regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President and the CFO.
- Requires High School or GED diploma. Prefer 3 years maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, painting, grounds and general repair skills.
- Requires a valid CA driving license with a clean record and the ability to drive the school vehicle.
- Requires knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions and practices.
- Requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Requires the ability to follow oral and/or written instructions
- Requires the ability to use a computer.
- Must have excellent teamwork skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with all faculty, staff and students.
- Must be a role model in embracing and living out the Schools’ mission, goals and criteria. Experience with schools preferred.
Pay Period: July 1 through June 30 Service
Period: July 1 through June 30 This is a 12-month position.
Physical Ability Requirements:
- Regularly lifting and carrying 1-75 lbs.
- Regular pushing/pulling/bending/stooping/kneeling
- Regularly climbing ladders and stairs
- Regularly standing and walking for 8 hours
- Requires physical presence, work to be performed on campus**
** Denotes essential functions of the position.