Eli Horwitz heads to UC San Diego after a record-setting career at Stuart Hall. As a senior, Eli set school records at every distance from the 800-meter run to the 5K. In May, he was honored by his family, coaches and teammates at a signing day ceremony.
Eli Horwitz kicked off the cross country season by winning the Lowell Invitational, setting a new school record on the Golden Gate Park course. It was just one of a host of highlights from Eli's senior year. He will begin at UC San Diego this fall as a member of the cross country and track teams.
Stuart Hall honored Eli with a signing day celebration attended by family, teammates and coaches.
Eli Horwitz signed his national letter of intent to run cross country and track for UC San Diego.
Eli holds every meaningful school record for distance running. We asked cross country and track & field head coach, Mike Buckley, to rank Eli's accomplishments:
1. School record in the 1600-meter run: 4:17.25
2. School record in the mile run: 4:18.82
3. School record in the 800-meter run: 1:56.33
4. School record in the 3200-meter run: 9:30.90
5. School record in the 5K cross country run: 15:54
6. School record in the 3-mile cross country run: 15:26
7. Two-time BCL-West 1600-meter champion (2016 and 2017)
8. Two-time NCS Class A 1600-meter champion (2016 and 2017)
9. Two-time NCS Class A 800-meter champion (2016 and 2017)
10. BCL-West cross country champion (2016)