With a strong endowment, Convent & Stuart Hall is able to invest significantly in the people, programs and place that inform a Sacred Heart education. Endowed funds create possibilities today and provide a revenue source to the school in perpetuity. These gifts activate new curricular programming, contribute to the financial aid and professional development budgets, and honor people from the community who have had a profound impact.
Because the endowment improves the educational experience of students today and tomorrow, our gratitude is endless for the donors who contribute to these funds and generously initiate new ones.
Endowment Fund Descriptions
- Bill Auchincloss Memorial Award
- Christian de Guigne Fund
- Continuing Faculty Excellence
- Donor Designated Fund
- Elvera Fusco Endowment Fund
- Esther Rossi Award
- General Endowment Fund
- Godsoe King Fund
- Gordon Family Head’s Fund
- Hearst Fund for Financial Aid
- Mother Williams Library Fund
- Niehaus Family President’s Award
- Rosemary Cozzo Endowment Fund
- Salary Endowment Fund
- SHHS Founding Class Fund
- Sr. Ann Conroy Award
- Sr. Ellen Hoffman Endowment Fund
- Syufy Family Endowment Fund
Elvera Fusco Endowed Fund provides continuing support for faculty salaries and benefits. To recognize Ellie's lifetime commitment to education and excellence in teaching, the Fund also established three new annual employee awards named for Elvera (Ellie), her sister Mildred (Millie) and her brother Lorenzo (Larry).
- Edward E. Ford Fund
- Elementary School Development
- Eugene and Alma Mahan Fund
- Mardel Fund for Elementary Faculty
- Mark Ross Fund
- Mary Lee Casey Fund
- Anne Wachter, RSCJ Scholarship
- Celeste O’Donnell Scholarship
- Condon Endowment for HS Scholarships
- Edith MacLeay Grant Scholarship
- Elena Rossi Long ’42 Scholarship
- Founders/Cowell Scholarship
- Gordon Sharafinski Scholarship
- Leo Hogan Scholarship
- Mary Smith Scholarship Fund
- Merrill Scholarship
- Miriam Gray & Ann Gray Miller Fund
- Olga Rossi & Aimee Rossi Scholarship
- Olivia Scholarship
- Reverend Mother Deming Grant
- Russell Miller Endowed Scholarship
- Scholarship for Incoming Students
- Sophia Kent McNeil Scholarship
- Sr. Ellen Hoffman Scholarship
- Sr. Helen Carroll Scholarship
- Sr. Mary Mardel Scholarship Fund
- Summer School Scholars
- Susan Chaban Memorial Scholarship
- Thornton Scholarship
- Virginia Laib Conway ‘32 Scholarship
Anne Wachter, RSCJ Scholarship was established by Michelle Growney Syufy’84 and Joseph Syufy SHB’79 to honor the former Head of Convent Elementary, who has been a pillar of support to members of our community in times of crises. The funds are designated for K-8 students at Convent for whom there is a financial need as the result of a particularly challenging family situation or extenuating circumstances.
Gordon Sharafinski Scholarship was established in 2011 by an anonymous donor to honor the former Director of Schools and founding Head of Stuart Hall High School, who has educated young men in the Sacred Heart tradition inspiring leadership, scholarship and integrity. The funds provide the opportunity for a deserving student(s) to receive recognition for his accomplishments at Stuart Hall High School.
Dr. Mary Magnano Smith Scholarship Fund was created by the Board of Trustees in honor of Dr. Smith, Director of Schools from 1994-2000. Dr. Smith and the Board founded Stuart Hall High School so that young men could enjoy the same excellent Sacred Heart secondary education that has been offered to young women since 1887.
Susan Chaban Memorial Scholarship was established by the faculty and staff of Stuart Hall for Boys in memory of the former school secretary. The recipient demonstrates an open and welcoming attitude toward his classmates and adults and an enthusiastic spirit consistent with the philosophy of Schools of the Sacred Heart.