Convent & Stuart Hall believes in the unique power of educating girls and boys separately and together. Our students develop into resilient, resourceful and engaged thinkers equipped to thrive in an evolving world. Our curriculum challenges and stretches young men and women into their potential, preparing them for college and life. Our school delivers an interactive learning experience curated by faculty highly regarded in their academic fields, and our students graduate with confidence in what they know, how they think and who they are. We invite you to learn more about our unique educational model and school community.
High School Admissions Timeline
- Monday, August 15: Inquiry form available (for shadow visits)
- Wednesday, September 28: Online application available
- Thursday, January 12: Admissions application deadline
- Thursday, January 12: Tuition assistance application deadline
- Saturday, January 14: HSPT offered on campus
- Saturday, January 28: Applicant interviews
- Thursday, March 16: Admissions decisions mailed
- Friday, March 17: Admissions decisions emailed to parents at 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 24: Enrollment contracts and deposits due by 12:00 p.m.
- 1. Online Inquiry
- 2. Attend a Shadow Visit
- 3. Learn About Our School
- 4. Attend our Events
- 5. Submit an Application
- 6. Submit Supplemental Documents & Test Scores
- 7. Schedule an Interview
- 8. Learn About Tuition Assistance
The Shadow Visit is a required piece of the high school application process. To schedule your visit, please complete the online inquiry form. Student visits for Convent & Stuart Hall are available by appointment from September through December and held on the following days/times:
- Tuesdays (9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
- Wednesdays & Thursdays (9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
Our Open House is a highly recommended event for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade families where we invite you to learn about our academic program, extra-curricular activities and engage with faculty, current parents and students. The Open House dates are provided below. To register, please complete the inquiry form.
Convent High School
- Sunday, October 23, 2016 (1:00 - 3:00 p.m.) - FULL
- Thursday, November 3, 2016 (6:00 - 8:00 p.m.)
Stuart Hall High School
- Wednesday, October 12, 2016 (6:00 - 8:00 p.m.) - FULL
- Sunday, November 6, 2016 (1:00 - 3:00 p.m.)
Curriculum Information Night: IB & the Student Experience
This optional event is an opportunity for families to learn more about our curriculum, particularly the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. With a small group setting, prospective families will be able to engage with the Heads, faculty and current students. (Due to limited capacity, this event is for 8th grade families only.) The event dates are provided below - the program is the same for both nights. To register, please complete the inquiry form.
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 (6:00 - 7:30 p.m.) - FULL
- Monday, October 3, 2016 (6:00 - 7:30 p.m.) - FULL
The parent tour includes a visit and overview of our redesigned educational spaces and a Q&A session with our Head of School. (Due to limited capacity, this event is for 8th grade families only.)
Convent High School: Tours are offered from 8:30 - 10:00 am on the following Wednesdays. To schedule a parent tour, please complete the inquiry form.
- October 19, 2016 - FULL
- November 16, 2016 - FULL
- December 7, 2016 - FULL
Stuart Hall High School: Tours are offered from 8:15 - 9:15 am on select Wednesdays throughout the fall. To schedule a parent tour, please email Admissions Director, Shuja Khan.
The online application will be available starting Wednesday, September 28, 2016. The application fee is $75. If you would like to request a fee waiver, please email our Admissions Directors: Allyson Maebert for Convent or Shuja Khan for Stuart Hall.
Applications are due Thursday, January 12, 2017.
Required Supplemental Documents
- Test Scores: we accept the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- If you take the SSAT, please have your scores sent electronically to us. The Convent SSAT school code is: 2585. The Stuart Hall SSAT school code is: 7548.
- The HSPT is offered at our school on Saturday, January 14, 2017. ***Please note that you must be applying to Convent or Stuart Hall High Schools to take the HSPT at our location.***
We have reached full capacity for our testing site and the HSPT registration for Convent & Stuart Hall High School applicants is CLOSED.
- Submit Principal, Math and English teacher recommendations. (The editable pdf's are available in the Forms & Resources section of this page.) Please advise schools to submit completed recommendation forms electronically, if possible.
- Submit transcript. (A transcript release form is available in the Forms & Resources section of this page.)
We are committed to making a Convent & Stuart Hall education affordable for families regardless of financial circumstance. We offer tuition assistance to qualified students, based solely upon demonstrated financial need. Visit our Tuition and Financial Assistance page to learn more about the financial aid application process and deadlines.
Grade 9 is the natural entry point to Convent & Stuart Hall High School. As such, admission to grades 10, 11 and 12 is dependent upon available space and attrition. Please note we may only assess and interview candidates applying to grades in which we anticipate openings.
The first step in the transfer process is to complete an online inquiry. Transfer applicants do not need to worry about scheduling a Shadow Visit. Once the inquiry is received, our Admissions Office will contact you to discuss your transfer interest and our enrollment availability.
To transfer for the 2017-18 school year, the online application and all supplemental documents and test results are required by Friday, February 24, 2017. If we anticipate openings, the Admissions Office will contact select candidates in early March with information on completing the application process. Admissions decisions will then be communicated to transfer applicants on a rolling basis as the admissions committee evaluates applications and space becomes available.
In our commitment to sustaining an inclusive learning community, Convent & Stuart Hall admits students of any race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national/ethnic origin or ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws in the administration of its educational, admissions, financial aid and employment policies, or any other programs administered by the school.